Hoover F5520 SteamVac Duo Upright Wet Washer\015 Handale broken\015
How to Identify and Fix Common Vacuum Problems ?
Our sources include academic articles, blog posts, and personal essays from experienced Vacuum Technicians :
Perfect for busy homes with kids and pets, the effective and versatile VAX SpotWash Home Duo has been conveniently designed for a wide range of spot and multi-surface cleaning tasks including stain rescue and reviving upholstery.
Relevant Questions and Answers :
the most relevant questions and answers related to your specific issue
I disassembled it (kind of like disassembling a Chinese puzzle box) and found that the Turbine which develops the torque for the brushes simply has worn out. I replaced the part and it works fine now. Unfortunately unless you are familiar with that sort of repair it’s high on the difficulty side. When I took it to a local shop they wanted about $150 to repair it. That was more than half the price I paid for it. It’s simply not a very good design. Hoover wont’ talk about them yet they are still selling them.
The least expensive place to purchase a replacement part is at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250648382497&rvr_id=&crlp=1_263602_263622&UA=%3F*F%3F&GUID=70355e091290a0aad3175ab7ff9f985a&itemid=250648382497&ff4=263602_263622.
The repair shop wanted to charge me $60 for the part.
It seems that the manufacturer is ignoring the problem and it’s a great claim for a class action suit against them.
.you have a bad connection somewhere in the unit
.this is a fire hazard and you should not use this until its been fixed
.could be a pinched wire or broken connections
- To remove the washable filter: Remove the clear bin™ and cyclone top from your machine by pressing the cyclone release catch.
.Filter removal step 2.
- Lift the filter release catch to remove the filter from the machine.*
*The permanent filter located under the clear bin™ shouldlast the lifetime of the machine and does not need to be washed. Pleasedo not remove this filter.
- Soak the filter in cold water for at least 5 minutes. (Please do not use detergent, wash in a dishwasher or washing machine).
- After 5 minutes rinse the filter under cold running water and squeeze gently, repeating until the water runs clear.
- Leave the filter to dry in a warm place for 12 hours or until completely dry.
- Do not dry the filter in a tumble dryer, microwave, oven or near a naked flame.
The filter should be washed at least once every 3-6 months.
Turn power off and unplug the machine.
- Make sure the filter is completely dry before replacing in the machine.
- Replace the filter into the filter casing and then put back into the cyclone top.
- Re-assemble and test the machine.