end if I take it off. I have opened the red end and emptied out but there seems to be dust in the rear part and I have no idea how to get it out. The shop she bought it off thought they were being helpful and removed all packaging but seem to have taken instructions as well.
How to Identify and Fix Common Vacuum Problems ?
Our sources include academic articles, blog posts, and personal essays from experienced Vacuum Technicians :
If the device is clogged, or the dirt cup is full, this may cause the unit to overheat. Unplug the unit and allow it cool, empty the dirt cup and clean the filter.
Turn the unit on and feel the suction at the end of the hose handle. If there is no or low suction, then the clog is in the hose. You can remove the clog by running a long, stiff object through the hose, such as a butter knife, starting at the wall end.
Use a pair of pliers to make one end of the hanger into a hook shape. Put the end of the hook into the hole where the vacuum where the clog is located. Push the hook down until it won`t go any further. In some cases the hook will go all the way through and push the clog out the other side.
Consumers give high marks to some Dirt Devil models like the Breeze canister and the Featherlite bagged vacuum – where both get on average 4 out 5 stars based on over 200 ratings. That means that Dirt Devil has designed the perfect vacuum for the majority of home users.
If the vacuum is still hard to push, tilt it back far enough that you can inspect the moving brush while the vacuum is running. Be careful to avoid getting too close to the moving parts. If you see that the brush is not turning, that means you will need to replace the brush belt.
Relevant Questions and Answers :
the most relevant questions and answers related to your specific issue
.This has me a bit intrigued. Please let me know how you make out..All the best.
.Sorry i cant help with your problem, but just wanted to give you a little insight on how Sears works since K mart bought them.
- To remove the washable filter: Remove the clear bin™ and cyclone top from your machine by pressing the cyclone release catch.
.Filter removal step 2.
- Lift the filter release catch to remove the filter from the machine.*
*The permanent filter located under the clear bin™ shouldlast the lifetime of the machine and does not need to be washed. Pleasedo not remove this filter.
- Soak the filter in cold water for at least 5 minutes. (Please do not use detergent, wash in a dishwasher or washing machine).
- After 5 minutes rinse the filter under cold running water and squeeze gently, repeating until the water runs clear.
- Leave the filter to dry in a warm place for 12 hours or until completely dry.
- Do not dry the filter in a tumble dryer, microwave, oven or near a naked flame.
The filter should be washed at least once every 3-6 months.
Turn power off and unplug the machine.
- Make sure the filter is completely dry before replacing in the machine.
- Replace the filter into the filter casing and then put back into the cyclone top.
- Re-assemble and test the machine.