Bissell SpotBot Hands-Free Compact Deep Cleaner – Silver
How to Identify and Fix Common Vacuum Problems ?
Our sources include academic articles, blog posts, and personal essays from experienced Vacuum Technicians :
Turn the unit on and feel the suction at the end of the hose handle. If there is no or low suction, then the clog is in the hose. You can remove the clog by running a long, stiff object through the hose, such as a butter knife, starting at the wall end.
Relevant Questions and Answers :
the most relevant questions and answers related to your specific issue
.(2) Remove the brush assembly by pulling/unlatching it from base on each side.
.(3) Does one of the brushes have the drive pin present? It should be about ¼ inch square, and two inches long. It attaches the brushes to the drive mechanism.
.(4) Remove and clean the intake filter. One the base of the cleaner, behind the brushes, squeeze the two red abs together and pull the panel down to access the screen. Clean the hair/debris off the screen and reassemble.
..Once they release, turn the vacuum over and lift cover of power nozzle at the back. This pulls the front of the cover out of the lip on the “bumper”.
.Once this is done, you’ll need to unscrew the screw at each end of the brush. Lift the brush out and thoroughly clean it, including the ends.
.Check the wiring to make sure they’re connected to the terminals of the motor. Also, check the belt for wear and tear. These belts can last for five years or more, but if it looks bad a good time to replace it is while you have the power head apart.
.When reassembling the vacuum, ensure the belt is fitted properly around the motor shaft and brush.
.Insert the front of the cover first, ensuring the edge fits neatly beneath the lip on the bumper all the way around. It takes a little manipulating to press the back into place. Make sure both tabs click into the locked position. Turn the vacuum over and reinstall screws. Try to rotate brush by hand a few times.
.At this point, plug the vacuum in and turn it on. If the power head doesn’t run, press the reset button. If the power head motor still doesn’t run, it could be due to loose or disconnected wires that lead to the reset switch, a bad reset switch, or even a bad motor. The vacuum needs to be taken to the nearest Aerus Electrolux store for further diagnosis and repair.
1) Make sure other causes have been eliminated, such as clogged nozzles, etc. (Refer to owners manual.)
2) Ensure that the solution tank is indeed seating properly with the machine, (a few small bubbles rise from the connection once made.)
3) Remove solution tank. With needle nose pliers or a very small screwdriver, GENTLY remove the white filter from the black, movable “seat” connection on the machine.
4) Run the machine on manual (without the filter) to determine if this is indeed your problem. (Don’t run for an extended period of time this way if this actually is your problem. The filter is there for a reason!)
5) Simply wash the filter gently between thumb and fore-finger. Vinegar may be used, but simple tap water works as well. If clogged, you should feel grainy, hard water type scale/ lyme build-up when cleaning the filter.
6) Recycle the original filter or replace if necessary. (It would be very easy to make a new one without going through the hassle of dealing with OEM parts or Bissell. Just go to your local hardware store and they should be able to help you out with no problem.)
Voila! Spotbot works again.
Hope this helps!
.First let’s try one more time to clear out anything that might be caught inside. For this disassemble the green brush cage unit, partially, from the blue box. This would expose the cover of the gear box. On the left side, with the white nylon holes in which the square ends of the brushes plug. Remove the cover of the gear box with a tiny Philips screw driver might be there are 6 screws. Inside you would see two Golden Retrievers. Once, cleaned meticulously, the Roomba will be back. If this does not resolve the issue then probably needs this part
Let us know if you want something else please accept the solution.
.Thank You for contacting fixya.com
was vacuuming and rug got caught auto shut off kicked off power to brush. instead of hitting red button to restart brush I disconnected brush to vacuum some hair in Conner. after i reconnected the brush and hit the red button but no power to brush. Light won’t even switch on. Hope you can help
that’s all t
I have cleaned & cleaned this thing! It runs for about 2 mins & stops, says “Clean Brushes”! and now it’s very noticeable it’s not picking up well… but is picking up a bit. I take the dust bin out, and the brushes spin…. and it has much more power…. and is very clear it is working! But it’s useless without the dust bin! LOL It’s only 9 months old…. called customer service, but it was the one time it worked just fine! Of course, I thought I’
If the brushes work , without the bin, the problem , the problem could be caused , due the failure at the bin lock mechanism. There is a sensor that checks if the BIN is connected properly or not. This problem is best resolved by getting the same replaced .
Thanks for using Fixya