Dyson DC07 Bagless Upright Cyclonic Vacuum\015 The vacuum has lost the suction. I have taken apart and can not find a blockage\015
How to Identify and Fix Common Vacuum Problems ?
Our sources include academic articles, blog posts, and personal essays from experienced Vacuum Technicians :
Dyson vacuum cleaners require constant airflow through them to work, and a full bin can stop this from happening. Make sure there`s no dirt lodged in the top part of the bin. You may need to give it a knock or two, or even use a thin blunt object to get rid of all the bits.
These are symptoms of bad or dirty bearings. You should remove the brush roll or rolls from the vacuum. Check to see that the bearings at the end of the brush roll allow it to spin freely. Make sure that there is no hair trapped in the bearings.
Sometimes pieces of string or other objects get wrapped around your vacuum`s rotating brush or around the wheels of the vacuum. Unplug your vacuum. Turn it over and have a look at the wheels and brush. If you see any pieces of string or objects lodged there, remove them.
Relevant Questions and Answers :
the most relevant questions and answers related to your specific issue
- To remove the washable filter: Remove the clear bin™ and cyclone top from your machine by pressing the cyclone release catch.
.Filter removal step 2.
- Lift the filter release catch to remove the filter from the machine.*
*The permanent filter located under the clear bin™ shouldlast the lifetime of the machine and does not need to be washed. Pleasedo not remove this filter.
- Soak the filter in cold water for at least 5 minutes. (Please do not use detergent, wash in a dishwasher or washing machine).
- After 5 minutes rinse the filter under cold running water and squeeze gently, repeating until the water runs clear.
- Leave the filter to dry in a warm place for 12 hours or until completely dry.
- Do not dry the filter in a tumble dryer, microwave, oven or near a naked flame.
The filter should be washed at least once every 3-6 months.
Turn power off and unplug the machine.
- Make sure the filter is completely dry before replacing in the machine.
- Replace the filter into the filter casing and then put back into the cyclone top.
- Re-assemble and test the machine.
Is it designed to be disconnected or should I not even try it?
Since appliance sales are recorded after-sale by manufacturer, you need to contact the manufacturer to validate the warranty and get the replacement.
Here is the website, click on your location and see Contact Us or After Sale Service on website.
Please let me know how it goes.