Bissell 1697-7 Powersteamer Pro Deluxe Vacuum
How to Identify and Fix Common Vacuum Problems ?
Our sources include academic articles, blog posts, and personal essays from experienced Vacuum Technicians :
You can always clean up most of the mess with hot tap water. Then come back later with the proper Bissell cleaner, if needed.
Soap only lifts dirt and oil into water, making them suspend in water. Therefore, the more soap you use, the more your mop gets saturated with dirt. So, if you do not remove all the soapy water from the floor, the dirt remains, forming streaks on the floor.
Relevant Questions and Answers :
the most relevant questions and answers related to your specific issue
.A clog in the hose, UR or canister. Detach hose. Drop small coin in one end and lift hose causing it to roll out the other. If it does, no clog in hose. Drop same coin into hose opening on power head. If it rolls out, no clog in PN.
.Broken fan blades, UR. Needs to be taken to shop for repair/replacement.
.A reset button is for use if the motor isn’t running, so won’t have anything to do with the suction.
Here’s a quick link to our terrific FAQ that’ll help you with the spray: http://www.bissell.com/FAQDetail.aspx?id=1052&cid=ccsocial
Make sure there is liquid in both the Tank-in-Tank and the SmartMix Bottle and check for spray through the upholstery hose. If the hose does not spray please check the following:
– Remove the belt access door and inspect the pump belt to ensure it is not broken, worn or stretched. You may also check the belt by turning on the power and watching the brush on the bottom of the machine. If the brush rotates the belt is not broken.
– Check for proper placement of the o-ring on the SmartMix Cap Insert (some o-rings are detachable and need to fit over the straw; others are molded to the cap).
– Check for liquid in the base of the machine where the SmartMix Bottle sits (SmartMix Reservoir). If there is no liquid in the reservoir, the neck on the SmartMix Bottle may be undersized, the cap will not make proper contact with the unit and the smart mix bottle will need to be replaced.
– Check for the black or red tank gasket on the SmartMix Bottle Cap and on the bottom of the Tank-in-Tank Assembly. If gasket is lodged in base of unit or has been lost, reattach gasket on auto-load or order new gasket if appropriate.
– Check the valves on the bottoms of the Tank-in-Tank and SmartMix Bottle to make sure water/solution will come through when the “x” valve is depressed. Bladder or SmartMix bottle may be empty or the valve may be blocked internally.
– Check if the small rounded window tabs on the top edge of the Floor Nozzle Window are locked in their mating slots on the base of the machine and not inadvertently lifting the tank up out of place.