Bissell Brushroll Proheat 2X 8920 9200 9400\015 Spray doesn't work. Saw online that it might be the heater just open it up and clean it out. I took the machine apart but couldn't find the heater. Unless it is underneath the shampoo tank in back. Frustrated took so long to take apart!!\015
How to Identify and Fix Common Vacuum Problems ?
Our sources include academic articles, blog posts, and personal essays from experienced Vacuum Technicians :
You may have stalled the brush motor. To reset, turn off and unplug, then plug back in and turn on. The brush roll may have lodged debris or other entanglements keeping the brush from rotating.
Check the machine is set to carpet cleaning mode. Make sure you are holding down the red spray button on top of the handle. Check the red base tank has enough water, and refill if necessary. Check the braided hose on the rear of the machine is securely fastened.
A possible cause might be that the tank is not properly seated. To assure the tank is seated properly, pick it up and re-seat is so it sits snugly on the unit. If this doesn`t fix the problem, make sure the tank is assembled properly. To make sure they are both latched properly, pick the tank up by its handle.
Your dirty water tank may not be secured tightly. Check the rubber tab on the dirty water tank and press firmly on all edges to secure it tightly. The accessory hose door also needs to be closed securely. Check the door and make sure it is locked in place.
Make sure the Clean Water Tank is seated correctly on the machine. If it isn`t, turn off and unplug your machine, remove and reseat the tank until it clicks into place. This is also a good time to check for cracks or leaks in the tank. If it`s damaged, a replacement can be ordered on BISSELL.com.
Relevant Questions and Answers :
the most relevant questions and answers related to your specific issue
Spray doesn’t work on my Bissell Proheat 2x 8920 took apart but couldn’t find where the heater is
My Bissell ProHeat 2x is pouring water out of the bottom anytime it’s turned on. I had it in the shop for no water, took it back again for the same problem, took it back again because it had no suction, finally took it apart and found the problem with the suction and fixed it myself. Worked fine for a day and now it is constantly leaking water, if it’s turned on, and is useless for anything except for making a mess.
Took the unit apart and discovered my heater had small pinholes in the metal and they had put in silicone, instead of a gasket, which didn’t seal. So much for the place I took it to “saving” my heater for me. I repaired it myself by getting a few o-rings and a seal from the hardware store. As for the “holes” in the bottom – a little marine fixative.
I have a Bissell ProHeat 2x, and I did something dum. I had some powdered cleaner that said it works with carpet cleaners-well I mixed it in-and the next time I tried to use it, nothing came out. So, I took it part to check what was wrong-and found out that the powdered cleaner solidified in places. I cleared the nozzels, nothing. I think the solenoid, between the heater and nozzels is pluggd, and possibly the heater. I’ve got a question-could I use CLR to clean the heater, with replacing t
Heck yeah, give it a shot. Try running some water through it too- fill it up, heat it just to where it’s hot and unplug it, shake it around and dump it out. Repeat. You might have to get a wire or something to go through and get the powder loosened between the boiler and nozzle, but if the stuff will dissolve in hot water then once you get it going a little it’ll flow better the longer you keep heating it and putting new water it.
I say I think you should unplug it once it gets mildly hot the first few times because if there is a pile of the powder stuck to the side of the tank you may find that the tank gets very hot there and overheats/fails.
You should be able to clean the solenoid too, hot water is your friend.
My bissell proheat 2x 8920 brushes aren’t working
My power brushes on my bissel carpet cleaner stopped working. They do not rotate. This is the 2nd power cleaner I have bought and it has the same problem as the first one. What is the problem with the power brushes. After 3 uses they stop working. Bissel Proheat 2X Model #8920
The brushes will only work if the handle is released and the ProHeat vacuum is running . There is a micro switch inside the lower handle that switches on the DC carpet brush motor. The DC power for the motor comes from a Bridge Rectifier on the PC Board. [email protected]
Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X does not spray water – Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright Deep Cleaner, Red Berends Vacuum
Bissell proheat 2x not spraying water – Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright Deep Cleaner, Red Berends Vacuum
Please check the following with liquid in both tanks..
– Check to see if the machine will spray through the hose with the setting on tools. If it does, the pump is fine. Continue troubleshooting.
– Check for debris on spray tips. Clean them with a soft brush (on old tooth brush works well). The spray tips may be lifted out for easier access.
– Ensure the tank lid is properly attached to the bottom of the tank. To attach this properly, remove the Water Tank from the machine. Hook the front window onto the lip of the bottom container and then allow the window with lid to cover the complete tank. Secure the latch on the back of the bottom tank to the back of the tank lid. THE TANK LID CANNOT BE ATTACHED PROPERLY IF THE BOTTOM TANK IS ALREADY INSTALLED IN THE MACHINE.
– Check the bottom of the Water Tank and the Formula Tank to make sure each has a red auto-load gasket attached. Make sure the Water Tank and the Formula Tank are seated properly. Depress the x on this gasket to ensure this depresses and release back out. Liquid from the tank should dispense.
– Remove the handle completely and re-attach. Once the handle is re-attached, re-attempt to spray.
If the machine continues to not spray, check the following:
REMOVE THE COLLECTION TANK:
• Make sure the unit is set to water rinse
• Remove the smart mix bottle and fill it with water only
• Place the smart mix bottle into the collection tank reservoir
• Run the unit and try to spray. If the machine sprays, you will be able to see the water level decreasing in the smart mix bottle and you will need to replace the bottom tank. It is possibly warped.
I have a Bissel 9300-C 0714 BC Carpet Shampooer. It was working great and all of a sudden it stopped working. It still sucks up dirty water but it does not spray water onto the carpet. I can get it to spray water through the smallest hand attatchment but not through the large hand held piece on the base of the machine. I really hope you can help me, I am a dog groomer and I really need my machine to work properly. I can get it to spray water out of the smallest hand attatchment but
that’s all t
The spray jet has become clogged from the soap…. just clean it out. same thing happened to my attachment.