Kirby Generation 3 Bagged Upright Vacuum\015 I can only vacuum as a canister, and if i try to shampoo (when i realized it)-instead of collecting in the tray, it spits back onto the machine!\015
How to Identify and Fix Common Vacuum Problems ?
Our sources include academic articles, blog posts, and personal essays from experienced Vacuum Technicians :
Test that by turning the motor off and pushing on the center shaft, the armature. If it has any play, besides spinning, then replace the motor. If solid then replace the brushes – motor brush replacement instructions.
If you suspect that the motor is damaged, you should not continue to use the vacuum cleaner! The cause of motor damage is usually wear and tear or damage caused by prolonged improper use (e.g. overheating). In most cases, it is not worth repairing.
Turning off the brush roll switches the vacuum to “suction-only” for quick and easy cleaning of hard floors. What`s more, the ability to switch between hard floors and carpets with the on/off brush roll means you only need one vacuum to clean your entire home.
While a brush roll is great when you are vacuuming carpet, it can damage hard surface floors and some rugs. Having the option to turn off the brush roll is a great option that increases the usability of the vacuum cleaner.
Use it on furniture, blinds, lampshades, workbenches, window screens or the dashboard of the car. Dirt and dust will cling to the bristles and get sucked into the open center of the brush.
Relevant Questions and Answers :
the most relevant questions and answers related to your specific issue
This video may help you
.(2) Remove the brush assembly by pulling/unlatching it from base on each side.
.(3) Does one of the brushes have the drive pin present? It should be about ¼ inch square, and two inches long. It attaches the brushes to the drive mechanism.
.(4) Remove and clean the intake filter. One the base of the cleaner, behind the brushes, squeeze the two red abs together and pull the panel down to access the screen. Clean the hair/debris off the screen and reassemble.
was vacuuming and rug got caught auto shut off kicked off power to brush. instead of hitting red button to restart brush I disconnected brush to vacuum some hair in Conner. after i reconnected the brush and hit the red button but no power to brush. Light won’t even switch on. Hope you can help
I have several times:
removed the brush and replaced it OK.
pushed the red button by the brush.
pressed the brush power switch.
1. Check the lower tank to be sure its completely closed and sealed.
2. Check the lower tank to be sure the tools filler plate is in place (if you used the tools recently)
3. If both 1&2 ok, manually turn the brushes, if they do not turn freely you may have a stuck turbine or bad brush block.
4. Take the brush block out by releasing the tabs on each corner being careful not to break them.
5. Place a large flat blade screwdriver in the square drive hole that drives the brushes under the machine. Gently turn. It should turn slowly with some resistance. If it turns slowly it is ok. If it turns with no resistance it may be bad as well. If it will not you may be able to break it loose with some even pressure being careful not to strip the hole. If it will not turn or makes a lot of noise replace the Turbine assembly.
6. If the brush block has a broken drive shaft or will not turn replace the brush block.
Here is what that brush block should look like.