cracked through. I called Dyson and they won’t ship that part in particular. Any ideas?
Dyson Slim DC18 All Floors HEPA Bagless Upright Vacuum – Iron/Titanium/Yellow
How to Identify and Fix Common Vacuum Problems ?
Our sources include academic articles, blog posts, and personal essays from experienced Vacuum Technicians :
The only time a hose needs to be replaced is when there`s a puncture in it that prevents proper suction. If you change the tube and it still doesn`t run correctly, then there`s another issue which might indicate the need for a new vacuum cleaner.
Relevant Questions and Answers :
the most relevant questions and answers related to your specific issue
Is it designed to be disconnected or should I not even try it?
What are my alternatives? If I can’t service this machine without returning it to Dyson, I won’t ever buy another one.
.The original Dyson part number for the brush bar (often called brush roll) is: 911961-01
.If you type the above part number into Google Products (click link below) you will get a list of suppliers at varying prices. A genuine Dyson part will cost about $20-25. There are some cheaper replacements available but you may need a different belt to use these, so I suggest you buy an original. Make sure the supplier states the part is Original / Genuine Dyson or OEM.
.I can’t help you locate a Dyson service centre in Albuquerque, but you should be able to fit the new brush bar yourself. If you do need a local service centre, you can call Dyson on the following number – they will provide details of your nearest authorised service centre:
.Dyson Helpline (USA): 1-866-MY-DYSON / 1-866-693-9766
.8am – 8pm (CST) Monday to Friday
.9am – 3pm (CST) on Saturday
.10am – 2pm (CST) on Sunday
.If you need any further assistance, please post back.
.Please rate this solution if you find it helpful. Thanks!
I have a rear wheel that came off too. The wheel seems fine, but the plastic base that the wheel clicks onto on the underside of the vac seems to have cracked. I need a new plastic bottom. Any ideas?
No more problem.
Looks like the switch went bad (Switch HERE)
We have instructions for replacing it too.
The “funny noise” with hose throws me off a bit though. Check if there is nothing in the hose (put a nickle through it).
- To remove the washable filter: Remove the clear bin™ and cyclone top from your machine by pressing the cyclone release catch.
.Filter removal step 2.
- Lift the filter release catch to remove the filter from the machine.*
*The permanent filter located under the clear bin™ shouldlast the lifetime of the machine and does not need to be washed. Pleasedo not remove this filter.
- Soak the filter in cold water for at least 5 minutes. (Please do not use detergent, wash in a dishwasher or washing machine).
- After 5 minutes rinse the filter under cold running water and squeeze gently, repeating until the water runs clear.
- Leave the filter to dry in a warm place for 12 hours or until completely dry.
- Do not dry the filter in a tumble dryer, microwave, oven or near a naked flame.
The filter should be washed at least once every 3-6 months.
Turn power off and unplug the machine.
- Make sure the filter is completely dry before replacing in the machine.
- Replace the filter into the filter casing and then put back into the cyclone top.
- Re-assemble and test the machine.